International Education and Resource Network Pakistan(A project of Society for international Education)
EYE TO EYE
How it works
Eye to Eye is an IEARN project that sponsors the creation of postcard size images to an online gallery, which is dedicated to the ideals of friendship and understanding through visual communication. Have your students select a theme and create a postcard. Then you can scan and email it to the project site as an attachment for inclusion in the online gallery.
Some possible themes: Family and Home, School and Activities, Festivals and Holidays, Community and Jobs, Hobbies and Activities, Historical Events, Games and Sports, About Me.
In the second stage of the project students will plan and present a local EYE TO EYE Friendship Exhibition made up of the postcards created during the project. This exhibition of postcards will then be joined together both online and in a series of exhibitions that will travel around the world.
Teacher role: Teachers will facilitate the EYE TO EYE project locally by giving the students opportunities to create postcard size images. Teachers will post the images to the project website, participate in 3 project sponsored chats (dates to be announced) and participate in email idea exchanges during the project.
- Create EYE TO EYE postcards and exhibition posters
- Email student artists with your feelings about their work. You may use an Artwork Critique Form from http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/critiqueform.html.
- Write an essay, poem, piece of music, a play or a dance to match one of the postcards.
- Create a slideshow, video, CD or audiotape for EYE TO EYE Friendship Exhibition.
- Create a calendar of the postcard images from around the world as a local fund raising activity.
- The students will develop online communication skills through postings to the project website, email, discussion boards, possible chats and videoconferences.
- The students will develop an understanding of other cultures and countries through visual communication.
- The students will develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of our Global Family.
Ages: 5 to senior citizens
Project Language(s): all
Curriculum Areas: Integrated Arts, Art, Visual Literacy, Language Arts, Social Studies, Technology,ESL
Hands On EYE TO EYE
- Log into the iEARN forum for the Eye to Eye project.
- Look at some of the postings and students art work, review them and respond briefly to at least 2 art work.
- Now in groups or pairs, pick up today’s newspapers Dawn and Jung; discuss on 3-4 social issues of the world, your country that are highlighted, agree on one of them to focus.
- Express your identified theme and your position to respond to it in a post card size art work.
- You can add no more then 5-7 word caption on your card.
- Scan it and post it in the relevant forum.
- Now comment on each other art work.